briefing

Just Sharing healthy foods for little ones from 9mo~3yo++
blog started on 17/3/2015


Thursday, August 6, 2015

6/Aug/2015 Thursday (2 yo)

Yesterday I was late to reach home for dinner and I requested my family to start dinner as usual without waiting me. When I reached home, they were just started dinner not long ago and hubby was feeding my 2yo lo with the stir fry noodle.  But then when I sit beside my gal and going to have my dinner and planed to continue feeding my gal but she told me, "自己吃" (meaning "I want to self feed"). Actually I let my gal self feed whenever we have meal time together. So, she has set "self feed when mummy is around" in her mind. ^.^ I never bother the way or style of my mother in law in taking care of my gal. I respect her own way. But when I take care my gal, I just use my own way too... So far we have no conflicts at all.

This morning I woke up a bit delay of 15mins after alarm rang. I had totally no ideas what foods shall I cook today. Well, just open the fridge and see what are the ingredients I have and prepared the followings without following any recipes by others...phew~ luckily there is something surprised me with my own recipe by mix and match....LOL.....(happy) 

Breakfast: Banana Pikelets(Pancake) and Fresh milk (hard boiled egg as back up food)

Lunch and Dinner: Mix grains rice served with Lotus root corn soup and Prawn Curry pumpkin sauce

Teatime: Baked Crispy Lotus Root and Yoplait Mango Yogurt 


Banana Pikelets (Pancake) (recipe by Yen Li)
Ingredients:
1 ripe Banana (about 45g)
80ml fresh milk
1 tbsp olive oil / rice bran oil / melted butter
1/3 cup cake flour (Can use self raising flour and omit baking powder)
1/2 tsp aluminium free baking powder
1 egg (about 1/3cup size)
1/2 tbsp sugar/honey

Steps:
1) blend everything except the flour and baking powder with hand blender for 5 seconds.
2) add in flour and baking powder, stir well.
3) heat pan with little olive oil and wipe off with kitchen towel.
4) place the pan onto a damp cloth or water to cool down, return to fire
5 ) Use 1 tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop a spoonful of batter into the pan , cover with the lid. About 20 to 30 seconds, a number of holes on the surface of the pancake shall form, open the lid and it is ready to overturn the pancake. 
6 ) cook for another 30 seconds and done.
7) repeat steps 4-6 until all batter is finished ( I make 4 rounds)

P/S:
1) The above recipe yield 16 small pikelets, using same volume of batter, pikelet size will be more evenly ~
2 ) Do not put too much oil , you can drop a few drops of oil on the pan then wipe evenly by a kitchen towel paper.
3 ) Always use the smallest fire to avoid burnt.
4 ) I am using 32cm pan which can cook 4 pikelets at the same time.
5 ) To make nice pikelets, the cool down process must not skip!!







香蕉Pikelets (煎餅) 
材料:
1 熟香蕉(約45克)
80毫升 鮮牛奶
1湯匙 橄欖油/米糠油/酥油
1/3 低筋麵粉(可以用自發麵粉,並省略泡打粉)
1/2茶匙 無鋁泡打粉
1 雞蛋
1/2湯匙 /蜂蜜

做法:
1) 用料理棒攪拌所有材料,除了麵粉和泡打粉。(打5秒)
2) 加入麵粉和泡打粉,攪拌均勻。
3) 加少许油在熱的平底鍋里,再用厨房纸巾擦匀。
4) 將平底鍋放在濕布上降溫,再放回炉上。(全程用小火)
5) 用1汤匙的量匙,分别挖一勺麵糊放入鍋中,蓋上蓋子。約20~30秒鐘左右可見到蛋餅表面出現若干小洞、打開蓋子并可以翻面了。(我家的锅一次可以煎4片)
6) 翻面之後也同樣煎半分鐘左右即可出鍋。
7) 重複步驟 4-6 ,直到麵糊全部用完。(我一共做4次)

~**本人的小貼士**~

1)以上食譜大約可以做16個小小的鬆餅,每次勺同樣的分量,鬆餅的大小就會比較均勻啦~
2)油不要放多,可以滴幾滴油在鍋內之後,用紙巾擦勻。
3)一定要用最小火。火一大就容易煎焦。
4)我家平底鍋是32cm的,可以一次煎四塊。
5)要煎美美的煎餅,讓平底鍋降溫的步驟就一定不可以省略哦。


Curry Prawn in Pumpkin sauce (No seasoning, recipe by Yen Li)
Ingredients:
2-5 prawns (i use 2 big prawns)
1/2 bowl mashed pumpkin puree
10g bega cheddar block cheese
2 cloves garlic (crushed or sliced)
1 tsp curry powder
1 potato
1 cup water

Steps:
1) peel and potato into 1cm cubes
2) peel, cut, steam and mash pumpkin (i used pre-cooked pumpkin puree stored in freezer)
3) heat pan, add oil, fry the potato cubes till cooked, set aside
4) remove excess oil if using much for frying the potato, add in crushed garlic, sauteed till fragrant then add in curry powder
5) add in prawn and stir fry for a while, remove prawn and set aside
6) add in the pumpkin puree and potato
7) add in water and cheese, shimmer for 2 mins, Off fire and done.

Baked Crispy Lotus Root
Ingredients:
1-2 " Lotus Root
pinch of sugar
some olive oil or rice bran oil

Steps:
1) peel and slice Lotus Root with peeler
2) use kitchen towel paper to dry the slices
3) lay the Lotus Root slices on parchment paper laid on baking tray
4) lightly brush oil on the lotus root slices and sprinkle sugar on top
5) bake at pre-heated oven of 120'C for 15mins
6) over turn and continue baking at 100'C for 15mins or till completely dry and brown.




No comments:

Post a Comment